Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Look away from yourself. Seek from God what he alone can do for you. Moral improvement of the old you is not what you need. –John Piper

Ok..I am pretty sure no one reads this. I think this weekend was a big awaken to me regarding God's Will for my life. Things happened with Daniel and I this weekend that opened my eyes, and then things at church. I feel like God is screaming at me telling me."You need to figure out who is in charge, me or you?" I want to b a better person but not for any good reason. I should want to be a a better person because Christ commanded that we love our neighbors. I went and looked at the verse in Matthew regarding this and well yea I know I wasn't loving God like I should b but reading that I am not following the greatest commandments given then how can I really follow Jesus. I am a Christian but how can i expect others to want to know more about Christ if I am not completely in love with Him?? I know people at work know I am a Christian and people at school but just in general. I have never saw "Can you believe what God did for me this week?" Am i wrong for not doing that or no I just hide my feelings well.

1 comment:

Shan said...

*hugs* I read this!
I think this weekend was the weekend of conviction! God revealed a lot of things to me on Saturday, too. Be thankful for His correction..and continue to pray!
I wish I had better counsel for you personally..but the best person right now to get advice from is Jesus.